- Material 316L / 304L
- Size & Rotor speed to suit application
- Hygienic design
- Min. Fe-particle size that can be caught 30 µm
- Max. operating temperature 60 °C (Higher temp designs available)
- Surface Finish Bead Blast (standard) other finishes available
- Door Seal FDA / Metal Detectable (Other elastomers available)
- Shaft Seal Lip seal (Single mechanical seal available)
- Pressure + / – 0.2 Bar (High pressure designs available)
- Field strength (flux density) on extractor tube (±5%) 7000 or 9000 gauss
- ATEX Zones Gas Zones 0, 1, 2 and Dust Zones 20, 21, 22
Easy Clean Rotary Separator RS0301
The Rotary Magnetic Separator is ideal for the removal of ferrous and paramagnetic particulates from a range of dry products, particularly those with a caking or bridging nature, and is therefore suitable for filtration of products within the food, chemical, pharmaceutical, ceramic, animal feed, and recycling industries. The Easy Clean Rotary Separator is a fully bespoke product and can be designed to fit any shape of chute or pipeline, with flanges to suit each customer’s requirements.
As product flows through the separator, the mounted extractor tubes gently rotate to prevent the product from caking or bridging and ensure that it remains free flowing. The powerful magnetic bars extract ferrous particles as small as 30 microns and tiny paramagnetic particles such as stainless steel scrapings. These very fine ferrous and stainless steel particles are smaller than can be detected with a metal detector.
Cleaning is simple and efficient. Once the product flow has been stopped, the access door can be opened and the rotor unit removed. The magnetic bars can then be pulled out of the extractor tubes, causing the contaminant particles to fall off the extractor tubes. The images below show the unit in the closed and open positions.
Electrical interlocks or safety switches are fitted as standard to this separator to either prevent the access door from being accidentally opened during the production process or to isolate the power supply to the motor should the unit be opened during production.
This product can be designed to international pressure vessel design codes (ASME VIII, EN13445 and PD5500) and can be manufactured to be Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 97/23/EC and ATEX 2014/34/EU compliant.
For advice or a quote, please contact us.
For information on these alternative products that may be of interest, please click on the Products link in the menu bar.