- Material 316L / 304L
- Magnets Rare Earth (Neodymium)
- Size to suit application
- Hygienic design
- Min. Fe-particle size that can be caught 30 µm
- Double row extractor tubes Single, triple and quad row units available
- Max. operating temperature 60 °C (Higher temp designs available)
- Surface Finish Bead Blast (standard) other finishes available
- Seal FDA / Metal Detectable (Other elastomers available)
- Pressure + / – 0.2 Bar (High pressure designs available)
- Field strength (flux density) on extractor tube (±5%) 7000 or 9000 gauss
- PLC Control system available
- ATEX Zones Gas Zones 0, 1, 2 and Dust Zones 20, 21, 22
Constant Flow Auto Clean Boxed Grid Separator BG0203
The Constant Flow Auto Clean Boxed Grid Separator is ideal for the removal of ferrous and paramagnetic particulates from a range of dry free flowing products, and is therefore suitable for filtration of products within the food, chemical, pharmaceutical, ceramic, animal feed, and recycling industries. This auto clean magnetic separator is a fully bespoke product and can be designed to fit any shape of chute or pipeline, with flanges and grids to suit each customer’s requirements.
As product flows past the powerful magnetic bars, ferrous particles as small as 30 microns and tiny paramagnetic particles such as stainless steel scrapings are filtered out. These very fine ferrous and stainless steel particles are smaller than can be detected with a metal detector.
With our Constant Flow Auto Clean Boxed Grid Separators, cleaning couldn’t be made easier or more efficient as the contaminant can be removed from the magnets without stopping the production process. This automated cleaning process can be initiated manually or programmed to take place at regular intervals. During the cleaning process, the magnets stay fixed within the product flow, while the extended extractor tube moves from side to side, depositing contaminants into secondary chutes. This type of separator is most suited where the contaminant is likely to consist of smaller particles (less than 5 mm). Where contaminants are larger, our Batch Auto Clean Boxed Grid Separator can provide an alternative solution, while still offering the efficiency of automated cleaning.
Proximity switches are fitted at the end of the extractor tubes on our Constant Flow Auto Clean Separators to ensure the tubes have completed the cleaning cycle.
This product can be designed to international pressure vessel design codes (ASME VIII, EN13445 and PD5500) and can be manufactured to be Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 97/23/EC and ATEX 2014/34/EU compliant.
For advice or a quote, please contact us.
For information on these alternative products that may be of interest, please click on the Products link in the menu bar.